The BA (Hons) International Business Administration consists of six, twenty credit core modules:
International and Global Marketing Strategy
The aim of this module is to develop the students’ knowledge of marketing in an international and global context. It will explore how organisations utilise the conceptual models, tools and techniques of marketing to design, plan and implement international and global marketing strategies. The module will also examine the corporate social, ethical and environmental issues that must be taken into account in the international and global marketing of goods or services.
Professional Development for Business
This module aims to develop and reinforce academic practice and skills including research and critical thinking appropriate to the world of business.
Understanding Culture and Diversity in Business
This module aims to examine cultural differences in business communication and understand how business operations are shaped by cultural attitudes towards work. It will also develop in students a critical understanding of the cultural challenges facing organisations and the importance of managing culture and diversity in the workplace for achieving long term success, improving efficiency and corporate identity
Building Business in Action
This module seeks to provide a simulated experience of international business through the application of worked business examples and case studies as closely aligned to a real business scenario as is possible without actually being within an employed situation. The aim therefore is to develop a business idea to a worked individual business model. In order to achieve this, students will be required to critically apply the knowledge obtained in the other modules studied on the programme to their individual business scenario.
International Human Resource Management
This module aims to assess the significance of international HRM, comparative national contexts (e.g. Singapore v. UK) , employment systems and the role of multinational companies (MNCs). It further assists to provide an understanding of the impact of globalization on international labour standards, the implications of national cultural and institutional differences for MNCs, and the convergence or divergence of national and organisational HR practices and policies on a global basis.
Financial Management for Decision Making
This module is designed to provide students with an introduction to the principle of financial management. Financial management is a key function in modern companies by helping managers to achieve financial and operational goals. Accordingly, this module, in addition to the content of other modules taught in this level, will equip the students with the skills and practices needed for successful administration of international businesses.
The Admission Requirements:
Minimum Age – 19
Academic – BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business or Singapore Local Polytechnic Diploma in Business related field
English Language Requirement:
Students whose first language is other than English will need to provide evidence of fluency to at least an IELTS 6.0 standard or equivalent.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
12 Months Full-time & Part-time
Support for students and their learning:
- All students studying in Beacon benefit from the team of dedicated tutors who provide a point of personal and regular contact for students
- Student handbook, programme handbook and individual module handbooks
- Module content and materials via Moodle Virtual Learning Environment
- Library and study skills packages
- Library and learning resources of both Cardiff Metropolitan University and Beacon
- 24 hour wifi, photocopying & printing services, library with PCs and laptop recommendation services
- Unlimited worldwide web access
- Access to student services including those offered by careers, welfare and counselling.
- Ranked top in UK for overall international student support for the 6th time (International Student Barometer 2010-2015)
- 95.6% of graduates secure employment or enter further study within six months of graduation. This is the highest figure of any modern university in Wales (DLHE 2015)
Find out more about the Cardiff Metropolitan University: https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk