O-Level Introductory Short Course
The O-Level Introductory Short Course is designed to meet the following aim:
- To provide students an insight and exposure of GCE O-Level subjects and the ways the subjects are taught
The course comprises five subjects following the syllabi stipulated by the examination authorities (Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate or Ministry of Education, Singapore).
The subjects are as follows:
Syllabus 1127 English Language GCE O-Level
Syllabus 4017 GCE Mathematics Ordinary Level
Syllabus 4018 GCE Additional Mathematics Ordinary Level
Syllabus 5052 Physics GCE O-Level
Syllabus 7118 Principles of Accounts GCE O-Level
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Gain an insight of the GCE O-Level curriculum and assessment objectives of the subjects covered in this course
- Have a feel of the ways the subjects are taught
Students should normally satisfy the following minimum academic requirements:
- Secondary 3 passes of relevant subjects
Foreign students with qualifications equivalent to the above may be admitted on the condition that they are proficient in English. Those lacking proficiency in English will be required to take up English lessons.
- Total Duration: 28 days
- Total Course Hours: 120
- Weekly time-tabled hours (teaching): 30
- Course Frequency on going
Assessment is not applicable for the O-Level Introductory Short Course.