Prohibition of smoking in specified places and vehicles.
(1) The Agency may, with the approval of the Minister, by notification in the Gazette and subject to such conditions as the Agency may think fit, specify —
(a) any premises or building or such part thereof or any class of premises or buildings or such parts thereof —
(i) being used for commercial, industrial or recreational purposes; or
(ii) to which members of the public or a section of the public have or ordinarily would have access whether on payment of a fee or otherwise;
(b) any common property or limited common property of any residential premises or building; or
(c) any public service vehicle or part thereof or any class of public service vehicles or parts thereof,
as being a place or places or a vehicle or vehicles in which smoking shall not be permitted either permanently or during such time or for such period or periods or under such circumstances as the Agency may, with the approval of the Minister, prescribe.
(2) Any person who smokes in any specified place or specified vehicle in contravention of any notification made under subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000.
Composition of offences
(1) The Director-General may, in his discretion, compound such offence under this Act as may be prescribed as being an offence which may be compounded by collecting from the person reasonably suspected of having committed the offence, a sum not exceeding $500.
Offences in respect of Uncleanliness in Public Places
Prohibition against throwing refuse, etc, in any public place
(1) No person shall —
(a) deposit, drop, place or throw any dust, dirt, paper, ash, carcase, refuse, box, barrel, bale or any other article or thing in any public place;
(b) keep or leave any article or thing in any place where it or particles therefrom have passed or are likely to pass into any public place;
(c) dry any article of food or any other article or thing in any public place;
(d) place, scatter, spill or throw any bloodm brine, noxious liquid, swill or any other offensive or filthy matter of any kind in such manner as to run or fall into any public place;
(e) beat, clean, shake, sieve or otherwise agitate any ash, hair, feathers, lime, sand, waste paper or other substance in such manner that it is carried or likely to be carried by the wind to any public place;
(f) throw or leave behind any bottle, can, food container, food wrapper, glass particles of food or any other article or thing in any public place;
(g) spit any substance or expel mucus from the nose upon or onto any street or any public place; or
(h) discard or abandon in any public place any motor vehicle whose registration has been cancelled under section 27 of the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276), any furniture or any other bulky article.
(2) No person shall drop, deposit or throw any refuse or any other matter or thing in any channel, drain, lake reservoir, river, stream or watercourse or upon the bank of any of the same or in any part of the sea abutting on the foreshore.
(3) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) shall be guilty of an offence.