A withdrawal occurs when the Student Contract is terminated and the student is no longer a student of Beacon.
Conditions for Approval:
- Legitimate reason for withdrawal
- Complete supporting documents
- No outstanding payment or documents for the current course
- Prior approval from parents / guardian for students below 18 years has been sought.
Withdrawal Request, Withdrawal Timeline & Letter of Outcome
- All requests for withdrawal must be made using the Withdrawal Form.
- The processing time for a withdrawal request is 14 working days from the date of the student’s withdrawal request.
- Once the outcome of the withdrawal request is ready, a letter will be issued to the student notifying them of the outcome and overall attendance rate.
Admin Fee & Refund
- There is no administrative fee charged for processing a withdrawal request.
- Refunds, if applicable, are processed in accordance with the Refund policy and procedures.
Student Pass & Fee Protection Scheme
- For international students, the existing student pass will be cancelled with ICA.
- Fee Protection for the existing course will also be cancelled.
This refers to students who have not submitted a withdrawal request form but belong to the following categories which actions indicated their deemed intention to withdraw:
- No Show student who have not reported to Beacon by the expiry date of their In-Principle Approval (IPA) from ICA.
- If a student decides not to appeal and/or is uncontactable for 7 days after a student pass renewal rejection.
- If a student does not return and/or is uncontactable for 7 days after the end of the approved deferment period.
The withdrawal policy will apply to them likewise.
- When the student decides to withdraw, the Marketing Staff and/or the Student Services Staff will speak with the student to identify the reason for withdrawing and seek to solve the issue, if possible, so that the student may continue on with the course.
- If the student still decides to withdraw, the student completes the Withdrawal Form and provide relevant supporting documents. The Student Services Staff proceeds to explain the terms and conditions listed on the Withdrawal Form and the implications of the withdrawal such as fees and student pass status (for international students). The student has to sign off the Withdrawal Form to acknowledge that the above details have been explained to him/her and he/she understood them.
- The Admin Manager then reviews the withdrawal request and decides either to approve or reject the request.
- Following which, the Student Services Staff issues an outcome letter indicating the results of the withdrawal request and overall attendance rate.
- The existing student pass will be cancelled and the existing student contract will be terminated.
Communication to Prospective & Current Students
- Beacon Website
- Campus Notice Board
- Student Handbook
- During Pre-Course Counselling
- During Student Orientation
- Signing of Withdrawal Form