Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Interior Design)
Beacon International College is a BTEC Approved Centre for the above programme.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 70 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. We put the learner at the centre of everything we do, because wherever learning flourishes, so do people. Find out more about how we can help you and your learners at qualifications.pearson.com
Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI qualifications
Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. For further information, please visit our qualification websites at www.edexcel.com, www.btec.co.uk or www.lcci.org.uk.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Interior Design) is designed to meet the following aims:
- To equip students with art and design skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global creative industries sector.
- To support students to develop their capacity for creative thinking and to recognize its value in the creative industries and beyond.
- To provide students with the skills to communicate their ideas and creative output through visual, written and oral presentation.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in creative industries, including Graphic Design, Photography, Fashion, Textiles, Product Design, Interior Design, and Arts Practice.
- To provide students with an understanding of the way technologies are transforming the creative industries, and prepare them to work with these technologies.
- To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within the creative industry, recognizing the importance of collaboration at all levels.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organizations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in creative industries, or progress to higher education qualifications; such as an Honours degree in art and design subjects or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of creative industries and, for those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, recognizing the role that creative industries play in addressing these issues.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve vendor accredited certifications.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
- To provide students with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.