Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (Events)
Beacon International College is a BTEC Approved Centre for the above programme.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 70 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. We put the learner at the centre of everything we do, because wherever learning flourishes, so do people. Find out more about how we can help you and your learners at qualifications.pearson.com
Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI qualifications
Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. For further information, please visit our qualification websites at www.edexcel.com, www.btec.co.uk or www.lcci.org.uk.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management is designed to meet the following aims:
- To provide an exciting, stimulating and challenging programme of study in Hospitality that combines subject knowledge and industry experience that is both responsive to the constantly evolving needs of students and employers.
- To equip students with hospitality skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global hospitality environment.
- To enrich the student experience through a diverse and innovative programme of study that stems from a vocational and technical perspective.
- To empower students through the study of core themes in management, leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship to maximise employability.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in hospitality, including food and beverage management, hotel management, kitchen management, facilities management and events management.
- To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within the hospitality industry, recognizing the importance of networking and collaboration at all levels.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organizations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in hospitality, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in hospitality or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of the hospitality sector and support those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, globalization and the impact of digital technology.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification within their chosen area of specialisation.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field, with particular emphasis on achieving management-level positions, professional recognition and beyond.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
- To provide students with opportunities to engage in an industry-recognised apprenticeship scheme for Hospitality Manager that aligns with their employer’s needs and their own career aspirations.
- To provide students with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.